|KSU Horticulture Report (pdf) By Gustaaf A. van der Hoeven, Kansas State University
- Pruning Deciduous Trees, Shrubs & Hedges, Shrubs that Winter Kill, Evergreen Trees, Needle leaf Trees, Pines, Spruces, Arborvitae, Junipers, Hemlock, Taxus, Firs, Broadleaf Evergreens, Vines, Ground covers.
- Maintenance Pruning to remove undesirable growth and prevent the need for an expensive pruning job later.
- Diagrams of how to and how not to prune young and old trees.
- Which tools will you need for the job.
- Hiring the right professional for the job if you can't do it yourself.
If you decide that your tree has become too large to trim yourself, you may want hire a professional tree trimmer.
- Ask important questions such as: How will they be protecting decks, flower beds, bushes etc? How will they protect surfaces that they will be dragging branches past such as garages or houses? With an irresponsible service you may experience some of the following damages below.
OSHA FACT SHEET (pdf )
- Tips for trees that have been uprooted and may be tangled in power lines. More People are killed while felling trees than during any other logging activity.